Our doctors are trained to treat patients of all ages.
Who Can Benefit?
Chiropractic is safe for the majority of people and an examination would determine if you were a good candidate. Even patients with previous spinal surgeries and osteoporosis can be treated with certain techniques. Even if you have been told that chiropractic could not help you modern advances have developed techniques that may be helpful for even the toughest cases. Below are some of the most common tyupes of people that benefit from Chiropractic Care.
Conditions We Treat
Choice Restorative Medicine focuses on the whole patient first to understand the causes of many common conditions. Our most commonly treated conditions include:
- back and neck pain
- disc problems
- carpal tunnel
- plantar fasciitis
- stress and tension
- muscle problems
- numbness and tingling
- car accidents
- work accidents
However, the cause of your condition may vary wildly from other people. Schedule a consultation today and begin to understand why you feel the way you do.
Athletes are vulnerable to a variety of injuries, and can often struggle with multiple aches and pains during training and playing seasons. Over exertion during training, blows to the body in competitions and poor technique can all result in problems ranging from musculoskeletal conditions to chronic pain. At Choice Chiropractic, we treat athletes for injuries like the ones below:
- Back pain
- Tennis elbow
- Knee injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
NON-INVASIVE, NATURAL HEALING
Staying active during the sports season is a priority for most athletes. Chiropractic care addresses sports injuries with gentle, non-invasive techniques. At Choice Chiropractic, we treat sports injuries with many different forms of spinal adjustment, including: Diversified Technique, Logan Basic Technique, Activator Technique and Thompson Technique. We also use the following techniques to treat sports injuries:
- Therapeutic stretches: Engaging in therapeutic stretches and exercises can build muscle strength and enhance the healing power of spinal adjustment.
- Prevention advice: Proper training and technique is the key to preventing future sports injuries. We work with patients to show them how to prepare their muscles for competitions. We also show patients how to exercise properly before and after competitions, to prevent muscle strain.
- Anti-inflammatory diet: Inflammation is a common problem with sports injuries. We help our patients by telling them which foods can reduce inflammation and help injuries heal.
Don’t live with sport injury pain any longer. If you’ve been injured during training or competition in the Pittsburgh area schedule a consultation with us today.
Pregnancy and delivery can put great stress on the body. Chiropractic care helps new mothers through pregnancy, delivery and postpartum stages of motherhood. Chiropractic care is all-natural and medication-free, so it’s safe for the mother and baby.
For pregnant women, we use a method called the Webster technique. The Webster technique provides the following benefits to expectant mothers:
- Adjusts the position of the woman’s pelvis for optimal positioning during labor
- Helps relieve pressure on the back, shoulders, hips and neck
- Maximizes comfort for the mother
After the baby is born, many mothers have aches and pain, as well as great emotional and physical stress. Lack of sleep, discomfort during breast feeding, and recovery from childbirth itself can take its toll on a new mother’s body and spirit.
Our postpartum spinal adjustment helps speed healing for new mothers by doing the following:
- Alleviating muscle pain in the back, shoulders and hips
- Treating pain in the tailbone
- Regulating hormones
- Reducing stress
We also show new mothers how to perform stretches and exercises that can strengthen and tone muscles, which can increase personal comfort. Additionally, we advise new mothers on postpartum nutrition, to ensure that they have what they need for themselves. If you’re an expecting parent or full-time mom in the Pittsburgh area, schedule a consultation with us today.
Gardening may be rewarding, but it can also be painful. With all that bending and squatting in the dirt, working in the garden can be hard on your knees, back, shoulders, neck and more. Chiropractic care offers help for people who garden. In addition to treating related injuries, consulting with a chiropractor can help you avoid pain in the future
WHAT DAMAGE CAN GARDENING DO?
Gardeners can be affected by a variety of conditions, the most common of which include:
- Back pain and injury
- Sore knees and joints
- Neck strain
- Muscle stiffness
While these conditions are not often serious, they can lead to further injury and chronic pain if not properly treated.
HOW CAN CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP GARDENERS?
At Choice Chiropractic, we use entirely natural, holistic methods to treat gardening-related injuries. If you’re a gardener, we can help you with the following natural treatments:
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises. We’ll teach you how to perform stretches before starting in the garden and after the work is finished. Warming up and warming down after gardening helps minimize the shock to your system, which can reduce your garden-related pain.
- Elimination of subluxations. Subluxations occur when the spinal cord becomes pinched in the vertebrae of the spine. Bending over while working hard in the garden can result in subluxations. With spinal adjustment, we can treat back injury and eliminate subluxations, making the experience of gardening more comfortable and less damaging to your body.
- Practical advice. Some movements and postures are better for your body than others. We’ll teach you how to avoid injury by holding your body properly and using products like garden mats for kneeling.
Musculoskeletal injuries can reduce your productivity in the garden, but at Choice Chiropractic, we’ll keep you working in the garden you love. If you’re experiencing a lot of gardening related pain, schedule your consultation with us today.
Though running is good for cardiovascular health, it can be hard on the body in many ways. Seeing a chiropractor for aches and pains can help avoid permanent injury and chronic pain that could potentially leave athletes unable to run for a very long time.
Overuse, torn ligaments and broken bones are all common problems for runners. Runners can also experience the following conditions:
- Stress fractures
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Runner’s Knee
- Sprained ankle
CHIROPRACTIC CARE KEEPS ATHLETES RUNNING
Runners don’t need to be experiencing pain to benefit from chiropractic treatment. The following chiropractic methods can help keep the spine in alignment, which enables good communication between the brain and the rest of the body.
- TSpinal adjustment: Spinal adjustment is the basis of all chiropractic care. This technique realigns the vertebrae and eliminates subluxations. Spinal adjustment helps reduce muscle stiffness, leading to greater mobility and decreased risk of injury.
- Hot and cold therapy:Cold compresses can help reduce inflammation if runners become injured, while heat therapy can help reduce pain and promote increased blood flow to parts of the body that need to be healed.
- Nutritional counseling: Eating right helps ensure that the body has enough energy for sprints or endurance training, which can help runner train safely without injury or muscle strain..
Regular chiropractic treatments can help runners avoid running injuries by keeping the systems of the body working properly.